Are you ready to take your woodworking projects to the next level?
You already know that The Customizer Engraving Pen is an incredibly versatile tool that can help you create stunning designs on all kinds of surfaces, especially on wood. And the best part? With 30 different bits included in the kit, you'll have everything you need to let your creativity run wild!
In this blog post, we'll dive into the world of engraving on wood with the Customizer Engraving Pen, and show you how to get the most out of the 30 bits that come with it.
We'll guide you through the process step by step, to select the right bit for your project.
So, grab your Customizer Engraving Pen, and let's get started on this exciting journey of woodworking and creativity!
Before we start
- Wear safety goggles: When working with any kind of tool or equipment, it's important to protect your eyes. Wear safety goggles to protect them from any flying wood chips or debris.
- Secure the wood: Before you start engraving, make sure your wood piece is secured in place. This can prevent any slipping or accidents that may occur while engraving.
- Work in a well-ventilated area: Engraving wood can create a lot of sawdust and debris. Working in a well-ventilated area can help prevent any respiratory issues caused by breathing in the dust.
- Take breaks: Engraving can be a repetitive task that requires a lot of focus. Take breaks often to rest your hands and eyes, and to avoid any mistakes caused by fatigue.
- Practice on a scrap piece of wood: If you're new to engraving on wood, practice on a scrap piece first to get a feel for the tool and test out different techniques.
By taking these precautions, you can ensure a safe and successful wood engraving experience. Now let’s get started!
What Bits Should I Use on Wood?
With the 30 bits set already in your hands, you can see that there’s not only one perfect bit for wood
They are all perfect!. But they’ll give you different results depending on the bits you choose to use.
For example, The Pointy Bits are perfect for detail, since they can’t go too deep
What you can do? Fine Lines, Delicate strokes or tiny dots.
If you’re a beginner these are the bits you should start with.
You also have in your hands The Ball Tips, they will be your ride or die, because of their thickness.
What you can do? Strong lines and bold strokes. Also it’ll be easy for you to write with this type of bit.
Next on we have the Pincel Tips, and with it you can pull out material carving when using soft wood.
What you can do? Medium Lines and Soft Wood Carving
ProTip: Use it slightly in angle to make the most of the bit and get incredible results.
And finally, we have The Square Tips, which are ideal for making different types of strokes.
What you can do? Create shading and strong strokes
ProTip: If you use the corner of the square and angle it slightly you can create medium lines.
That's it for our guide on choosing the right bits for engraving on wood with your Customizer Engraving Pen!
We hope that you found it helpful and informative. Remember, safety always comes first, so make sure to take the necessary precautions before starting any engraving project.
With the right bit and technique, you can create stunning designs. So, grab your Customizer and start exploring the endless possibilities of wood engraving today!
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to leave them in the comments below. We'd love to hear from you and see what kind of wood engraving projects you're working on.
Enjoy your Engraving!
If you want to learn more, don’t miss our other blog posts.